Northwest Legends Club Meeting Minutes
(February 3, 2018)

Meeting called to order at 6:00 pm by our Club Vice President, Gary Tischer (in the absence of Ted Knapp who was not at the February Meeting ) at the Round Table Pizza in Burien, WA.

February’s Club meeting was attended by approximately 29 members.

One guest, Skip Young attended our February 2018 Club Meeting.

Wally Santella provided the February 2018 Secretary’s Report. January’s meeting minutes were read to the membership and posted to our Website.

Tom Willett provided the 2018 February Treasurer’s Report ending Jan. 31, 2017.

None reported.

DONATIONS SUBCOMMITTEE – Patrick Kinsella announced that the Donations Subcommittee has finished their recommendations and copies were provided to the attending members. Tom Willett addressed the members and provided some overview comments and suggested interested members take a copy of the recommendation details and review them.

2018 TIGERS ON THE COLUMBIA (TOTC) – Wally Santella provided details of the progress-to-date of this year’s preparations for 2018 Tigers on the Columbia. Wally reported that the Goat Herd has met and decided they are not going to try to host the 2020 Tiger Run, so we will continue to host Tigers on the Columbia for that year. Wally also talked about the new Pre-Registration system that he and Lonnie Santella have been working on. The system will include our own Professional Merchant Account, insuring pre-registers will say on our Website thru out the registration process. The new Pre-Registration will go live on Saturday, Feb 10th, allowing participants to pre-register much earlier for this year’s event. Tom Willett reminded the membership that we will be needing volunteers to man some of the functions. Ed Forsyth volunteered to work Tech Check and Steve Martin volunteered to work parking. Gary Tischer was asked it any progress has been made yet on the drag strip negotiations and he indicated that there was not progress yet. Wally explained to the membership that magnetic signs have been purchase by Ted to go on both doors of his new Yukon to shuttle people back and forth from the Marriot Courtyard to the event park area. We are also looking for a 2nd vehicle to volunteer for this task. The Shilo is near our event park area, and the Marriot is a little farther away but has good restaurants and other amenities. Jack Borell will look into the T-shirt needs, based on last year’s sales and Bob Stevenson suggested the possible use of a firm called T-Shirt Café, who specialize in custom T-Shirt services.

The topic of promoting Club events other than our Car Shows was again discussed, and several members were in favor of reviving some summer “driving” events. It was noted that would require one or more Club members to organize and promote these gatherings if they are to occur. One example was our Club outing several years ago to Tacoma to Gary McKay’s “Alt Electric” private car collection, which was a fun time had by all.


Tom Willett suggested that we no longer include the Treasury Report details in our Club minutes. A motion was raised and passed by the attending members in favor of dropping our financial details from the Club Meeting minutes going forward from this date.

Gary Tischer addressed the membership on the subject of Jim Wangers failing health. Gary related that Jim is suffering from dementia and Gary plans to fly down to California to visit with Jim.

John Bozony addressed the membership and indicated that he is low on inventory for shirts and hats and suggested that Club make a decision about purchasing additional product for continued sales.

Gary Tischer noted that the “LAST” Skamakoway Car Show will be held June 2, 2018. Gary indicated that this show has the best prizes of any show he ever been a part of and urged members to try to attend the event this year.

Wally Santella reported that the 68 GTO Convertible that he is restoring is about to be moved into the paint booth to be painted underneath.

Gary Tischer reminded the membership that the 66 GTO Hardtop that he has been preparing for sale is still available.

Richard Sargent reported that he is currently working on 67 Catalina Wagon that he calls the Gold Wagon.

50/50 Raffle: A 50/50 raffle was held and Patrick Kinsella won and was kind enough to donated his share of the $125 to the Club.

The Club’s Business Meeting adjourned at 7:45 pm, by our Vice President, Gary Tischer. Our next meeting will be at the Round Table Pizza in Burien on March 3rd, 2018, at 6:00pm.